No Bully Portugal - Promoting safe school environments without bullying
We are a non-profit association created in 2016 to end bullying in Portugal, through Empathy. Our Vision is creating a country without bullying, where all youth feels happy and safe. We work with schools to provide them with the necessary tools to prevent, stop, and resolve bullying among students. This is achieved through training for the entire school community, using a methodology that promotes empathy among students, instead of blaming and punishing the “bully” or ignoring behaviours.
Our current training sessions are the following:
- we facilitate class sessions to understand bullying and other types of violence and how to face them in a positive way;
- we create teams of volunteer Ambassadors who will be on the “front line” to identify cases of bullying and solve simple situations in collaboration with adults;
- we promote group sessions to develop socio-emotional skills such as self-management and empathy.
- we give workshops to understand what bullying is and prevent young people from becoming targets or bullies;
- we teach parents to understand what is happening with their children by identifying signs of being involved in bullying. They work on empathy and active listening techniques so they can help them talk about how they feel and think of positive strategies to stop bullying.
For Teachers and school staff, there are two levels of training:
- the basic level, to understand what bullying is, how to prevent it and respond if they see it;
- the advanced level for those who want to learn how to solve active cases of bullying.
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have created an online campaign called “BE KIND ONLINE” to empower high school and university students to use their voices to stop cyberbullying. On our Instagram page, we have promoted content made by the students with tips to respond to cyberbullying, videos with dozens of people saying “no to bullying,” live sessions with influencers, and testimonials of bullying targets.
Inês Freire de Andrade
Inês is the co-founder and President of the association. She holds a Ms. in Management, with a focus on Social Enterprise, from Nova SBE. Inês also worked in 2018 at the Nova SBE Leadership for Impact Knowledge Center, as Impact Activator.Website
Novafrica Students’ Group
The Nova SBE NOVAFRICA Knowledge Center Student Group is a bridge between the Nova SBE NOVAFRICA Knowledge Center and students of Nova SBE. The passion for Development Economics is their link.Learn more
Social Leapfrog Program
The Social Leapfrog is a 3-year reflection and capacitation program for social hybrid organizations to make them leapfrog in terms of impact and sustainability.Learn more
Economy of Francesco (EoF)
The Economy of Francesco (EoF) is a global gathering of economists, researchers in economic models and change makers designed to present the world with distinct ways of thinking about the foundations and impact of current economic modelsLearn more